Thursday, December 16, 2021

Just Another Climb

 


AT the beginning of this year, I climbed up Mount Sugarloaf in a quest to be more active. I didn't climb it again until 11 months later. 


I had been doing my regular local walks, and occasionally trek to my favorite spots in Florence and Shelburne Falls. But I decided on this mild December day to return to "Little" Rock Candy Mountain.


I only encountered a small handful of people around the road heading up the Mountain. SO I was able to pause and take pictures uninterrupted as I neared the top.



The observation deck is lined with lights to create a Christmas Tree effect at the top.


The Moon was clearly in view to the East and the setting sun bathed the barren landscape in a golden hue beyond the Connecticut River.


I had taken off my jacket and hat as I reached the summit, and stayed long enough to cool off and enjou the view to the south.


I'm going to make more of an effort to return here more often, but if I don't, I can look forward to the surprise at how beautiful a view this is.









 



No comments: