Sunday, June 28, 2020

Clouds in my IPA


Summertime has arrived. Temperatures have gone up, but we haven't had much rain. A month or so ago, a helicopter flew over the roof, and though it was startling, I thought no more of it. Turns out a small forest fire was a mile or so away, and had consumed several acres! The helicopter was dousing the fire with water carried in what is called a "Bambi Bucket". The helicopter would make several more trips after I left, my girlfriend would later tell me.


We haven't had much rain since then. Sitting on the back deck with a beer, I watch the clouds develop and drift from the West, and wonder if the storm will just glance us as it travels Northeast, or just smack right into us. This time it was the former. It was pretty to watch and listen to. I could see the rain descending in the distance, and a few drops landed on me. but that was it.

No worries. We've had two straight days of solid downpours, this week, and more is on the way!



No comments: