Tuesday, September 14, 2021

One Voice is Clear Above The Dean

                            


Bringing my partner to explore Providence for her first time, I wanted to make it a weekend to remember, Rather than stay in one of the chain hotels, I found a very eclectic place called "The Dean".

                                     I was not let down.


Located in the heart of downtown (or "Downcity", as they call it) I had originally booked a small. bunk style studio on their website. However, on check in, I asked if I could get an upgrade, not thinking there were any more rooms available. A few minutes later, I was relaxing in a grand suite with a king sized bed.





But I didn't come to Providence just to hang out in a nice room. So we went to have dinner at a very pleasant bistro with outdoor seating near the Providence riverside. The River Social is the perfect spot to relax and enjoy some very nice Mediterranean cuisine, as tour boats and gondolas go by.


After dinner, we went out to a rooftop bar called The G, where things were hopping.


             Nice views of the city skyline.




We finished up the night at a Karaoke Bar that was located back at The Dean, and we eventually got up to sing a few numbers for the enthusiastic crowd of college students, before closing the night in one of the private rooms.


                           Not a bad Day One at all!






No comments: