Sunday, October 3, 2021

Up, Over and Across.

 


I had one of my shows canceled this weekend, and it was a nice Fall afternoon. So we took the kids to Berkshire East to ride the Mountain Coaster, as well as do some climbing at the Ariel Adventure Park.


The Mountain Coaster was like a higher speed version of the Alpine Slide I remember riding on many years ago in New Hampshire. Very enjoyable experience. 


The Ariel Adventure Park, was basically a climbing course of swings, ladders, ropes, bridges and small zip lines suspended up in the trees. It was a pretty active experience to say the least. 


But this was my idea in the first place, as we drove by here around this time last year, and thought it would be a good place to take the kids for some fun in the great outdoors. I just didn't know how much of it I would end up doing with them. Guess I'm still in pretty good shape for an old dude. I remember playing here back in the '90s with Zip Cody, and I'm not sure how I got the gig.


Fast forward some 25 years, and the place has grown quite a bit. Mountain Biking is the big summer thing out here, but the coaster and ziplines were all pretty well booked. Lots more people come out here, especially during the foliage season, which is right on the edge or exploding with color.






No comments: