Thursday, October 21, 2021

Gimme Non-Fiction


 I am a passionate music fan. When a new band comes along that plays Rock music, I am especially interested. One of those bands is Spoon.


Without even really talking about it, my girlfriend bought two tickets to see them at Higher Ground in Burlington Vermont. I'm glad she jumped at the chance.


Burlington is a favorite of mine, as far as New England towns go. A little chilly, but it's very pretty, and the attitude of the people is friendly and laid back. I found a hotel reasonably priced that happened to be right across from the club.


The concert was amazing. I knew several of their songs already, but it would not have mattered if I knew any of them.

Spoon is from Austin Texas, but you would be able to tell by the way they sound. 

Elements of John Lennon, The Kinks, The VU, Television, and a few other seminal, edgy Rock artists from that period. Proof of vaccination needed to get in, and we still wore a mask just in case.



Funny enough, two friends of ours were there, but we didn't see each other... possibly because our faces were obscured.

No comments: