Friday, June 4, 2021

Calmer Waters


 It has been almost four years since I last came to Lake Winnipesaukee 
...thinking it might be the last time I visited.

I had plenty of fond memories of the place from my childhood, but with my mom gone, my father in a rest home, and myself very alone, I stopped by to stay in one of their rooms that afforded me a glorious view of the calm waters. I strolled around the grounds that night, and became very emotional.

 Remembering watching fireworks, powering small motorboats, waterskiing, playing pinball in the game room, and enjoying the relaxed vibe growing up every year in such a peaceful and fun summer resort. Recently, it turned out that I had a few larger festival gigs get canceled on one of my bands, and I had a rare weekend off. So I jumped on the opportunity to ago back once more.




The view I enjoyed was still very much intact.



So I spent a few days up here with my girlfriend, and we relaxed on a hot, Summer-like weekend.


We talked about returning and bringing the kids with us for a weekend, which would bring things full-circle for me, since I enjoyed myself so much when I was their age. Next summer could bring more moments like these, and I'm glad I didn't give up on the place for good.

 

No comments: