Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Ashes to Ashes

 My father passed away back in March of 2020, just before Covid shut everythng down. 15 months later, we were able to have a small service and his ashes were buried in the same spot where my mother was laid to rest back in 2013.



And so this brings closure for me. It was a very difficult 10 years. Both my folks fought a brave battle with some long, drawn out illnesses, and it was painfiul to watch. My unthinking reaction was to do anything I could to help them, which I would think is normal for most people in regards to their parents. It took a lot out of me, but it also brought something out of me I didn't know I had.


My life is very different now with them both gone. I started over at pretty much everything. I eventually was able to get my footing back, and found a sense of calm and happiness. But I still have work to do. My dad would want me to be doing what I enjoy the most, and I am playing music full time again, now that things are opened up. However, I have a huge amount of original songs that I still want to peform and promote. It's a good thing I have my own website!

 I want to see what the musical landscape is like next year, and pehaps I will have a better idea then.



No comments: