Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Since I Started this Blog 10 Years Ago...


Originally, it was about tracing the roots of Wallace Stegner. But since he lived in so many places, that was not a viable option for me. Instead, I sought out the easiest and most difficult two places where he lived.

Saskatchewan and Vermont.

One places took me three days to get to and I've only been there once.

The other took 3 hours and I've been there 3 times.

What I enjoyed was the contrast. The wide open spaces of the Canadian prairie and badlands. The green hills and fresh running mountain waters of Vermont. People are interesting no matter where they are from. Some more friendly than others. I discovered the people in both to be about the same...  curious at a distance, reserved, but still polite.

In 2019, I have plans to get back up to the Northeast Kingdom, and someday, make the train ride to Montana and zip up to Saskatchewan once more.


No comments: