Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Rockin' The Catskills


We spent three days in the Hudson Valley to visit Storm King Sculpture Museum in New Windsor, and Olana in Hudson. Two places that are 90 minutes apart from each other. Amy had never been to Woodstock, so I made the call and found a cool funky place called the Hotel Dylan.


I booked The Artists Suite, which was basically 2 hotel rooms with a very large bath, vaulted ceilings and a fireplace in the middle.





 Each room has a record player and a small record collecction. We found a Grateful Dead album still on the turntable, so I played it first. 


Then I found this


We met the owner on the second day, and told him we enjoyed the place (he saved an old motel from being turned into a Dollar Store, and turned it into a tribute to the music of the Woodstock area)



Wish I had more tine to spend in the Lobby!

   





 

 

No comments: