Saturday, February 17, 2024

I Shall Be Released

 A new year, A new recording session!


At home recording 11 songs from my past. The most recent years have been a blur to me, but looking back into my war chest of tunes, I was able to come up with a group of songs that somehow belong together. Ranging from Anthemic Rock to Alternative Country to Blues Retro Americana and Blues. All of it uptempo and fun. I wrote way too many sad songs, which I can use for some other project down the road.


In the basement, I have a small drum kit made up of various pieces from the early '70s and late '60s. The floor tom is a vintage Rogers, the Kick is a converted Floor tom made by Gambles (early Pearl/Tama) and the snare is a wonderfully trashy miscelaneous model made in Taiwan.


I've been fascinated with the drums since is was very young.


I ended up playing all of the intruments myself, but the vocals will have assistance by a few of my good friends, as I was told long ago by my friend and former producer David Lindley that layering your own voice on harmonies doesn't sound as good as having other complimentary voices. 
















No comments: