Friday, September 15, 2023

Bringing It All Back Home


My band played a show in West Hartford for the first time in several years. Much has happened in between performances. The house I grew up in got sold, for one thing. 

I drove by it, and it looks much the same as it did when I lived there decades ago.


My show was at the Noah Webster House Museum, and I had not seen the place since I was in Grade School. It looks much the same as well.






We were set up outside for a craft beer festival. It was blazing hot out, but we were covered, and kept refreshed with an assortment of Lagers, Pilsners and Ales.



Shortly after or set was over, the rain started coming down. We managed to load out and hit the road before it started to really come down. Another successful event! I managed to talk to a few people who went to the same High School, and we chatted about various teachers. It was a grounding experience, and reminded me, I had it pretty good growing up. It's a little over an hour away, and everything looks about the same in my old former neighborhood, which I find comforting,







 

No comments: