Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Writers Gotta Write

 During the height of the Pandemic, my girlfriend and I were shut in and bored, when we came along a songwriting challenge. We were supposed to put out an albums' worth of original material in one month. we wrote enough material, but I wasn't able to complete the project in time. I had a few good reasons. One was my computer went into a coma.


I had previously used Pro Tools as a recording platform on an ancient iMac. For 20 years, I was able to make what I thought were acceptable studio recordings, and over time, I got pretty good at recording everything including drums (although I'm not a very good drummer). But the old iMac finally ran out of room to run, and O had to learn another program after two decades...


I recently started coming to grips with Audacity, and after a few frustrating attempts, have finally started to slowly figure out, nearly two years later.

    Now those 10 songs are being pieced together and sound like a kick ass Rock band.



No comments: