Thursday, October 27, 2022

Out of the Fog

 I went for a few walks during the afternoon. Clouds have been hanging low, and were clipping the tops of our low-lying mountains in the Valley.



a few hours later, the sky was quickly growing dark, and the fog had covered  the area to the point that I realized I was surrounded in it.


My mom passed away exactly nine years ago, on a day much like this. I miss her every day (as I do my father, who passed just a couple of years ago). In the years following her death, I was taking care of my dad, who had dementia and was completely lost without her. I felt lost as well, but I was able to stay strong to show the love and devotion that they ultimately showed to me growing up. 


It took a long time to emerge from that fog, and when I did. Everything was different. with no choice, I started over at just about everything, and it took a number of years before I felt like I was anything close to myself again. 


I think it's important to recognize and feel sadness, because it can open yourself up to experiencing joy as well as sorrow. There has been plenty to feel joy about in my life, and I make sure I welcome those feelings, because it's all part of life. 







No comments: